"Wagner gives an astonishing performance...vibrant with crazed revelation."
“Wagner finds humor in Rod's erudite and conceited rising-star architect”
– Backstage, Les Spindel
"Wagner takes over the stage as if he owns it. He is downright terrific."
- Lee Hargrave, BeyondChron
"Watching him, even just listening to the other characters talk, is incredible"
- Richard Connema, talkinbroadway.com
"The intensity of James' performance brought back the excitement of watching John Malkovich at Steppenwolf in the 80's"
- Jim B.. Bay Area Audience
"Wagner is incredibly charismatic; messy, sexy, unpredictable. "
- Leslie Ribovich, Theater Dogs
"His spiritual sense about the stage and passionate care of humanity endows his work with power and originality”
-Michael Morgan, Director / Voice Teacher
“Wagner is unstoppable as the bad-boy: confidence, abandon, and heat...a sensual being in love and work; a risk taker and an artiste.”
– Soapdom.com, Linda Marshall-Smith
"The force of his formidable talent, versatile skill, & sheer audacity
to experiment reflects a deeper spiritual nature at work."
- Antero Alli, writer/director
"Every director lives to work with actors that can do what he did in rehearsal."
-Robin Stanton, Director, Aurora Theatre Company
"Wagner gilds elegant language with a light touch. Absolutely Superlative."
- Karen D'Souza, Mercury News
"connects with the audience simply through being; truly living onstage"
- Jeff Crockett, Head of Voice: American Conservatory Theatre
“"tremendously appealing… his authentic sexual passion is torrid.”
– WeHo News, Samuel Bernstein
“Impressive immediacy and visceral immersion in a wide range of characters.”
- Hal Landon Actor, Founding Artist: South Coast Repertory