Wagner gives an astonishing performance...vibrant with crazed revelation.
Wagner finds humor in Rod's erudite and conceited rising-star architect
– Backstage, Les Spindel
Wagner takes over the stage as if he owns it. He is downright terrific.
- Lee Hargrave, BeyondChron
Watching him, even just listening to the other characters talk, is incredible
- Richard Connema, talkinbroadway.com
The intensity of James' performance brought back the excitement of watching John Malkovich at Steppenwolf in the 80's
- Jim B.. Bay Area Audience
Wagner is incredibly charismatic; messy, sexy, unpredictable.
- Leslie Ribovich, Theater Dogs
His spiritual sense about the stage and passionate care of humanity endows his work with power and originality
-Michael Morgan, Director / Voice Teacher
Wagner is unstoppable as the bad-boy: confidence, abandon, and heat...a sensual being in love and work; a risk taker and an artiste.
– Soapdom.com, Linda Marshall-Smith
The force of his formidable talent, versatile skill, & sheer audacity
to experiment reflects a deeper spiritual nature at work.
- Antero Alli, writer/director
Every director lives to work with actors that can do what he did in rehearsal.
-Robin Stanton, Director, Aurora Theatre Company
Wagner gilds elegant language with a light touch. Absolutely Superlative.
- Karen D'Souza, Mercury News
He connects with the audience simply through being; truly living onstage.
- Jeff Crockett, Head of Voice: American Conservatory Theatre
Wagner is tremendously appealing… his authentic sexual passion is torrid.
– WeHo News, Samuel Bernstein
Impressive immediacy and visceral immersion in a wide range of characters.
- Hal Landon Actor, Founding Artist: South Coast Repertory